Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Could this little guy be any sweeter?

We were eating at Chipotle tonight and out of the blue Brooks asked about death. Here is how the conversation went.

B: Did people die?
ME: What do you mean?
B: Have people died?
Me: Well, when people get really old the die.
B: Where do they go?
Me: They go to heaven to be with Jesus.
B: Am I going to die?
Me: Not until you are really, really, really, really old.
B: And then I will go to heaven?
Me: Yes.
Josh: And you will get to play football all the time up there.
Me: You could even play catch with Jesus and throw him the ball.
B: Or I could play catch with "my baby"!

My heart absolutely broke in two. Brooks has been talking about having a brother or sister nonstop lately. Hearing him talk about playing with "my baby" (as he calls Sweet Pea) was just so sad!!

Thanksgiving was hard. At this point I still think alot about how pregnant I would be at each point. However I know that will soon change as the due date comes and goes. Even just hearing about things happening in February makes my heart skip a beat. I am sure each month will be, "Sweet Pea would have been one month now, two months, etc." I just hope that by that point we will be expecting another little miracle!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

I still think that I could have had a 9 year old if our first pregnancy had gone to term. I don't think we ever really forget but I do hope that soon, you are in that place to have a new date to look forward to.

Jennifer said...

I love the simplicity of our kiddos minds, they just believe. It's so neat.

((hugs))