Monday, October 6, 2008

Here Comes #2

June 7th, 2008 I found out I was pregnant. I couldn't believe that we would be blessed with another child. Josh and I were talking about putting fans in all the bedrooms and he said we didn't need to put one in the guest room until we were having a baby. So I told him he better plan on putting one in that room! He "got it" right away. He smiled and I can remember how similar his facial expression looked to when I told him we were pregnant with Brooks.

Sweet Pea's pregnancy started out differently. I didn't get sick until about 6 weeks (with Brooks it was 4). However, with Brooks it stopped at about 13 weeks and I was sick everyday until the end of this pregnancy. With Brooks I craved cheese quesadillas, with sweet pea it was salad!

There were also some things that were different in a really special way. When I was pregnant with Brooks I couldn't understand the love i would feel foe this "blob" that was inside me. As sweet pea grew I knew the love i would have for him/her. I knew what a mother's love was like. . .how strong, everlasting, encouraging, unconditional,etc. Although I had seen all of these from my Mom, being the Mom instead of the child is so different.

So this is how it al started. . .

No comments: