Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Making a Choice

Because of how late we were in our pregnancy our options were limited if we chose to interrupt the pregnancy. So our decision had to be made quick.

My first thoughts. . . I can't imagine carrying this baby and waking up everyday wondering if Sweet Pea was still alive. And I really couldn't imagining carrying to term and watching Sweet Pea suffocate the first few minutes of his/her life. On the other hand I hated the thought of playing God. However our baby was dying and would it be good for Sweet Pea or my body to continue this pregnancy much longer? There is no changing100% chance of not surviving. . .no questions.

Sounds like my mind was made up. The lesser of two evils was to interrupt the pregnancy now. That was a guarantee that Sweet Pea would go gently to heaven. (Be ready Mimi!)

Luckily Josh was thinking all the same thoughts.

Not to sure that weight on the shoulders felt much lighter!?!?!?!?

No comments: