Monday, October 20, 2008

Released!

I had my doctor's appointment this morning. It was pretty easy. Everyone in the office remembered me. I guess when something like this happens, people remember. However, when they took me back it was to the sonogram room. It was the last place we "saw" Sweet Pea. When sitting on the bed, I am facing towards the door and the sonogram machine is behind me. I didn't let myself look for awhile. But then I turned around and it was quite symbolic. The screen where the baby would be was black and empty. I realized that my uterus is now just as empty as that screen. But. . . I was okay.

Luckily Dr. Hodes was quick to come in. He checked me and said everything looks good. He said I could get pregnant whenever we were ready. He also asked if people had been peppering us with questions. I told him that everyone has been very supportive, but telling people that don't know is the hardest. He shook my hand, said he was sorry again that we met on these terms, and to call if I ever needed anything.

I was glad to be done. It felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. I definitely don't want to go back there anytime soon. There are way too many painful memories at that office.

I talked with Dr. Ridgeway's office (the perinatologist we saw)and setup the appointment for us to meet with the genetic counselor. The counselors come over from Children's Mercy and meet with us at Dr. Ridgeway's office. They should be able to assess our chances of something like this happening again. I am looking forward to that appointment to get an idea of where we stand. Please keep us in your prayers, and pray that this was a random occurrence.

1 comment:

~~~~~ The House of Big Cheese~~~~ said...

Our appt with the genecist was very informative.

Hope all goes well.